These are so yummy, I need to make some improvements to this recipe. This is the Master Recipe that will be as up to date as possible. See here for the original as well as all of the changes I have made as I’ve worked on this.
These are perfect for meal prepping. I bake these in large batches and store in the freezer. When I’m getting ready in the morning, I throw one of these in while my oven is pre-heating to 350F and let it warm up for about 20-25 minutes. You can use whatever mix-ins and toppings you want, I’ll have all of my different variations listed at the bottom.
For the filling:
- 32 oz cream cheese
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy in a stand mixer
- With a 1 1/2 oz scoop, scoop cream cheese onto a tray (something that will fit in your freezer) and freeze for at least 1 hour. This is best to do first, and then prepare your dough.
For the dough:
- 6 g active dry yeast
- 20 g sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 450 g bread flour
- 5 g salt
- Mix yeast, sugar, and 1/2 cup of the water in a small bowl to confirm that the yeast is alive.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment, mix the flour, salt, remaining water, and yeast mixture. Mix until smooth dough forms, then allow to knead for 5 minutes. You can do this by hand, it just takes longer.
- Prepare a large bowl by oiling all sides. Allow the dough to rise in this bowl, covered, for about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 18 portions. Roll each into a tight ball and allow to rest for 15 minutes, covered.
- Take one of your dough portions and in the palm of your hand, flatten the dough out. Pinch the edges so that the edges are thinner than the inside.
- Then, take a cream cheese plug, place in the center of your dough and wrap the dough around tightly.
- Next, roll the completed ball on your work surface to tighten the dough and seal in the seam.
- Place on your baking sheet. Give it a light egg wash (optional) and sprinkle with your toppings.
- Allow to rise while you heat the oven to 350F. Once oven is heated, bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix chopped green onions in cream cheese
- Mix sun-dried tomatoes in cream cheese
- Top with everything bagel seasoning
3 thoughts on “Stuffed Bagels – Updated Recipe”
Is it 450 grams of bread flour? Thanks!
Yes! Will make that fix now thank you!
Thanks so much! I can’t wait to make them! I appreciated watching you on Master Chef. I am a fellow Iowan and puppy raiser and love to bake so felt like a kindred spirit!